Charleston, here we come!
Friends, you were asked for recommendations, and you certainly delivered! I was thrilled to receive so many helpful tips, tricks, and recommendations for our quick visit to Charleston from so many of you over on Instagram. You’ve given me so much good insight, and I cannot possibly keep it all to myself!
So, as we make the trip over to Charleston for a little family getaway, I wanted to round up the most highly recommended spots to stay, shop, visit, and eat! The best part of this Charleston roundup is that this is a list that comes directly from you. Several of you shared that Charleston is your hometown, was once your home, and some of you even said it’s your favorite city you’ve ever visited.
Needless to say, Andrew, Padgitt, and I have been looking forward to experiencing everything Charleston has to offer, and all of your sweet help has only turned up the dial on our excitement!
Where to stay
- The Dewberry // The most recommended hotel! Described as “quintessential Charleston.”
- Post House // Both the hotel and their restaurant were said to be adorable and delicious.
- The Charleston Place // Stunning hotel within walking distance to several things.
- Hotel Bennett // Another highly recommended spot! Apparently, the rooms (and the bathtubs) are to die for.
- Zero George // Said to be an “unreal” experience!
- Emeline // Darling, located in a historic area, and within walking distance to so many things.
- The Restoration // A unique hotel experience in the center of everything!
- The Mills House Hotel // A historic, stylish, and “very pink” hotel!
- The Ryder Hotel // Wonderful for downtown Charleston stays.
Where to shop and visit
- King Street // This was the most mentioned spot! Great for shopping, several good restaurants, seeing “all things” Charleston, and great for families.
- Shem Creek // Another fun spot for families, and also for seeing dolphins!
- Pitt Street Bridge // Take a walk in the evening for a stunning sunset view.
- Kiawah Island // A family-friendly spot, and also fun for riding bikes!
- Under the Almond Trees // Several of you said this is an adorable baby boutique!
- Sullivan’s Island // Great shopping and another fun spot to rent bikes!
- Rainbow Row // Highly recommended spot to experience classic, historic Charleston.
- The Battery // Another historic spot to check out. Especially the pineapple fountain for great photos.
- Isle of Palms // Stunning beach views!
- Magnolia Plantation and Gardens // Described as one of America’s most beautiful gardens!
- Queen Street Grocery // A unique spot for stroller walking, and also known for their yummy crepes!
Where to sip and savor
- Halls Chophouse // By far the most recommended restaurant by you all! Someone even mentioned they dream about this place, and several said that it was their favorite of all time. Wow!
- Home Team BBQ // Another highly recommended spot. The Gamechanger drink and nachos are a must!
- Lewis Barbecue // I hear this spot is similar to Texas BBQ, so as a Texas native, we might have to put it to the test!
- Magnolias // This spot looks so darling! I was told to try both the banana pudding stuffed french toast and the fried green tomatoes. Yum!
- 167 Raw Oyster Bar // This was the second most recommended spot, and I’m told that going early is key! Apparently the ceviche is life changing – sign me up!
- Melfi’s // Incredible spot to get your Italian food fix!
- Church and Union // The fried chicken is supposedly life changing here, say no more!
- Leon’s Oyster Shop // Another great spot for fresh seafood, and I’m told that you can’t skip out on the ice cream! Kid friendly, too.
- Husk Restaurant // A must go-to Southern food spot! I’m told to make reservations in advance.
- Slightly North of Broad (S.N.O.B.) // An eclectic bistro that was highly recommended! They must stay busy too, because several of you mentioned that having a reservation is helpful.
- The Obstinate Daughter // Known for amazing pizza, appetizers, and great cocktails!
- Chez Nous // Several of you said this is such a charming spot! Book reservations in advance.
- Citrus Club // This one is said to be a perfect view of the city! It’s the rooftop cocktail bar at The Dewberry, and it looks like so much fun.
- Kaminsky’s Dessert Cafe // You all know me so well to recommend a yummy dessert spot! This one came in several times.
- Carmella’s Cafe and Dessert Bar // Another recommended dessert spot that looks absolutely divine!
my dream packing list
Here are a few sunny pieces I’m eyeing that I think would be darling for a trip to Charleston. I have the long pink floral dress packed up and can’t wait to break it out, and you know I wouldn’t leave the house without my favorite amazon sunnies! Click directly on an image to shop.
To say we’re excited for this little getaway would be an understatement! I can’t thank you all enough for all of the wonderful tips you’ve sent my way.
Did I leave anything off? What else should we know about visiting Charleston? Let me know in the comments below!