my ikea pax wardrobe closet

ikea pax wardrobe closet ideas
ikea pax wardrobe closet ideas
ikea pax wardrobe closet ideas
ikea pax wardrobe closet ideas
ikea pax wardrobe closet ideas

My IKEA pax wardrobe is without a doubt one of my favorite things in my home. After fruitlessly exploring different clothing storage options and ideas, I finally decided to “pull the trigger” on this affordable, build-your-own system and convert a spare bedroom into a “cloffice.” (Closet-office.) Let me tell you… I only regret that I didn’t do it sooner!

Before I finalized my own IKEA pax wardrobe design, I spent a tremendous amount of time scouring the web, Pinterest and Instagram for layout ideas and inspiration. After all, I wanted something beautiful but also perfectly functional for my space and needs.

The total cost of this IKEA pax wardrobe system was $1,120. While it was definitely an investment, it was an incredibly cost-effective purchase compared to other closet systems! I managed to save even more money by building the closet myself. (I love projects like this!) It did take me a couple of days, but if you’re looking for something easier, many cities offer the option to hire someone to install it for you via TaskRabbit.

I can honestly say I’m so delighted with what I came up with, and after living with this closet system for two years, am happy to recommend it fully.

If you’re considering installing an IKEA pax wardrobe in your own space, I hope these details are helpful!

build this ikea pax wardrobe

view my closet in the IKEA pax planner:

1. click HERE
  2. select the “OPEN DESIGN” button in the top right corner
  3. insert this code: JDNJZW

links to my exact closet:

Pax Wardrobe Frame (2) // 39 3/8″ x 22 7/8″ x 92 7/8 “

Pax Wardrobe Frame (2) // 19 5/8″ x 22 7/8″ x 92 7/8 “

Komplement Drawer with Framed Front (3) // 39 3/8″ x 22 7/8 “

Komplement Pull-out Tray (3) // 39 3/8″ x 22 7/8 “

Komplement Pull-out Tray (8) // 19 5/8″ x 22 7/8 “

Komplement Shelf (4) // 39 3/8″ x 22 7/8 “

Komplement Clothes Rail (2)

Komplement Shelf (4) // 19 5/8″ x 22 7/8 “

Komplement Drawer Liner (3) // 35″ x 20 7/8 “

Komplement Shoe Insert (16) // 19 5/8″ x 13 3/4 “

extra features

lighting:

One fun and easy hack to incorporate into your IKEA pax wardrobe is the use of these puck lights from Amazon! They are battery-operated, so the pro is that set-up is a breeze. No wires or electrical things to try to figure out! (And they can be operated via a remove!) The con is that replacing batteries for each light is time-consuming and, to be quite honest, a bit of a nuisance. But I loved cost-effective pizazz it added! Shop them here.

drawer pulls:

Another way to customize your IKEA pax wardrobe is by adding drawer pulls. I settled on these small acrylic pulls for the jewelry trays and these larger acrylic pulls for the larger drawers.

To design your own IKEA pax wardrobe system, click here!

Love from the Sunshine State,

Kate

Join in on the fun!

50 Comments

1. Lisa said:

Wow. I rarely do diy projects but this definitely looks manageable! Will give dental this a try in our guest bedroom. Many thanks for the post.

Published 6.18.22 · Reply
  2. foodle said:

Your information is beneficial. Thank you for all that you and your team do!

Published 6.20.22 · Reply
  3. Spiderhead Chris said:

The Grey blazers are more popular as they are available in different shades and styles. Just wear it Spiderhead Chris Hemsworth Grey Blazer make your appearance more awesome.

Published 7.23.22 · Reply
  4. A wardrobe every girl desires to have. I like the dynamic style, but the image of pink clothes still pops up in my mind

Published 7.31.22 · Reply
  5. I Was Eagerly Looking For Content Like This, Right To The Point And Detailed As Well Accordingly Depending Upon The Matter/Topic. You Have Managed This Greatly For Sure. Bape Hoodie

Published 8.4.22 · Reply
  6. peter shawn said:

This is a really decent site post. Not very numerous individuals would really, the way you simply did. I am truly inspired that there is such a great amount of data about this subject have been revealed and you’ve put worth a valiant effort with so much class. Squid Game Outfits

Published 8.4.22 · Reply
  7. peter shawn said:

Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. I will visit daily because I know It will very beneficial for me Dungeons & Dragons Chris Pine Jacket

Published 8.4.22 · Reply
  8. Judi Herr said:

Are you still blogging?

Published 8.6.22 · Reply
  9. Paul Jackson said:

I put a lot of effort into researching layout ideas on the internet, Pinterest, and Instagram. After all, I needed something that was both stunning and ideal for my needs and space. I found the blade trinity jessica biel jacket.

Published 8.10.22 · Reply
  10. akalaemmanuel said:

Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. I will visit daily because I know It will very beneficial for me. Assassina’s Creed Jacob Coat

Published 8.25.22 · Reply
  11. This is a really decent site post. Not very numerous individuals would really, the way you simply did. I am truly inspired that there is such a great amount of data about this subject have been revealed and you’ve put worth a valiant effort with so much class. Dr. Stephen Strange Coat Outfits

Published 8.25.22 · Reply
  12. emma said:
    Published 10.8.22 · Reply
  13. Is it accurate to say that you are searching for something special In the event that truly, at that point head to gatekeepers to get the most moving outfits at truly reasonable rates. The nature of the items is very good quality which will show up more appealing any event and function’.

Published 10.10.22 · Reply
  14. Very good post. I was looking at this blog and I’m amazed! This is really valuable information. Thank you so much, and keep up the fantastic job. Fate The Winx Saga S02 Abigail Cowen Shearling Jacket

Published 10.13.22 · Reply
  15. Look at your style so special, look very stylish but no less personality. I like so much.

Published 10.23.22 · Reply
  16. This is the room with my dream shoe cabinet, how beautiful it is. But unfortunately my place is no longer for sale.

Published 10.23.22 · Reply
  17. Emma Sivewright said:

The My Ikea Pax Wardrobe closet is perfect for anyone who wants a stylish and affordable way to keep their closet organized. This closet has plenty of storage space, including four closets and a fitted wardrobe. It also includes a TV stand and two shelves for storage. Cerebrovascular Adelaide

Published 10.24.22 · Reply
  18. Denial leonardo said:

Our personalized coaster place setting is the perfect way to show your loved ones your care and love. This accessory will make a great gift for anyone special in your life, and will make a great addition to any home. Home Renovation Hawthorn

Published 10.24.22 · Reply
  19. Elizabeth said:

The Ikea Pax Wardrobe is a great way to add character and style to your home. The closet is spacious and includes plenty of storage. The organizer is also very helpful for organizing your clothes.
    Dentist Chatswood

Published 10.24.22 · Reply
  20. Shane long said:

This system comes with two drawers, a shelf, and four hangers. It’s perfect for anyone who wants a stylish, affordable way to keep their clothes organized and tidy. Custom Design Home Builders Brisbane

Published 10.28.22 · Reply
  21. I like convenient storage system that is not to big because the area of my room is quite small. With the IKEA pax cabinet, I think it with be a suitable choice for my room.

Published 10.31.22 · Reply
  22. I Really Like Your Website This Website Is Very easy to use Such Great Work Thanks for sharing your thoughts Feel free to surf to my web.

Published 11.25.22 · Reply
  23. Look at your unique style; you appear really fashionable.

Published 2.1.23 · Reply
  24. steven said:

This is excellent article, thank you for the share! This is what I am looking for, hope in the future you will continue sharing such a superb work.

Published 2.12.23 · Reply
  25. Very informative.Visit custom patches

Published 2.16.23 · Reply
  26. dino game said:

Wow. lovely blog

Published 2.20.23 · Reply
  27. very nice picture and informative post read more

Published 2.22.23 · Reply
  28. i like it post check this

Published 2.22.23 · Reply
  29. Fnaf said:

This article is written exceptionally well. Because of the way you’ve organized your ideas, your insights are readily apparent and simple to grasp fnaf.

Published 6.20.23 · Reply
  30. Are you on the lookout for a jacket that seamlessly combines style, comfort, and versatility? Look no further than the Maverick Green Bomber Jacket. In the world of fashion, this iconic piece has made a statement, transcending trends and becoming a timeless wardrobe essential.

Published 11.18.23 · Reply
  31. Its really nice, Great Article Appreciated

Published 11.24.23 · Reply
  32. Davit Jack said:

Excellent blog it is very impressive and informative walk of eminem jacket content good work dude keep it up.

Published 11.25.23 · Reply
  33. Great Blog. It is helpful for many people. Thank you and Keep sharing.

Published 11.28.23 · Reply
  34. brokenplanet said:

Everything has its own value, but this is really precious information shared

Published 12.18.23 · Reply
  35. I want to always read your blogs. I love them

Published 12.18.23 · Reply
  36. I want to always read your blogs. I love them

Published 12.18.23 · Reply
  37. synaworld said:

I want to always read your blogs. I love them

Published 12.18.23 · Reply
  38. spinner said:

Thank you so much for bringing this article to my attention since I think it is just incredible. It is precisely what I had been looking forward to finding, and I genuinely hope that you will continue to contribute content of such high quality in the years to come. wheel spinner

Published 12.27.23 · Reply
  39. EliteJacket said:

Have you ever wondered where you can get your hands on the legendary Talladega Nights Old Spice jacket? If you’re a fan of the hilarious antics of Ricky Bobby and the unforgettable charm of the Old Spice brand, you’re in for a treat.

Published 1.8.24 · Reply
  40. Jim Anderson said:

always impressed by the practical advice you provide. Stiiizy Birthday cake

Published 1.9.24 · Reply
  41. Davit Jack said:

It really is rare to come across a specialist with whom you may have some confidence. In the world in the present day, star trek jacket nobody genuinely cares about showing others the best way in this matter. How fortunate I am to have found a really wonderful blog like this. It’s people like you exactly who make a true difference nowadays through the concepts they write about.

Published 1.15.24 · Reply
  42. iq test said:

Oh, I love your shoes. They are beautiful

Published 1.29.24 · Reply
  43. Gallery dept takes center stage in the fashion world, effortlessly merging streetwear with high-end aesthetics to enthrall enthusiasts globally.

Published 2.27.24 · Reply
  44. A Bape hoodie is produced by the Japanese streetwear brand A Bathing Ape, commonly abbreviated as Bape. Bape is known for its bold and distinctive designs, often featuring camouflage patterns, bright colors, and its iconic ape head logo. Bape hoodies are popular among streetwear enthusiasts and are often sought after for their unique aesthetic and high-quality construction. These hoodies can be expensive due to their brand cachet and limited availability, making them highly coveted items in the fashion world.

Published 2.28.24 · Reply
  45. A Bape hoodie is produced by the Japanese streetwear brand A Bathing Ape, commonly abbreviated as Bape. Bape is known for its bold and distinctive designs, often featuring camouflage patterns, bright colors, and its iconic ape head logo. Bape hoodies are popular among streetwear enthusiasts and are often sought after for their unique aesthetic and high-quality construction. These hoodies can be expensive due to their brand cachet and limited availability, making them highly coveted items in the fashion world.

Published 2.28.24 · Reply
  46. Official Taylor Swift Merch Store For Taylor Swift Fans Merchandise. Amazing Hoodies, Sweatshirt & T-Shirts Shop.
    taylor swift merch

Published 3.1.24 · Reply
  47. Best Represent Clothing UK Website For Men & Women. Fast Shipping With Big Discount.
    represent clothing UK

Published 3.1.24 · Reply
  48. Davit Jack said:

The Joker Joaquin Phoenix Arthur Fleck Cosplay Costume Clown Suit is another fantastic option for people who want to capture the spirit of the joker men’s short anime wig character. With striking colors and a distinctive style, this outfit captures the spirit of Joker’s eccentric personality. The look is completed with an intimidating grin, and twisted hair in green to truly embody Joker’s chaotic spirit.

Published 3.4.24 · Reply
  49. Broken Planet is a clothing brand that is based in London. Broken Planet offers wide range of exclusive discounts.

Published 3.4.24 · Reply
  50. The fashion industry has always been in a state broken planet hoodie of flux, adapting to the ever-changing tastes of consumers.

Published 3.4.24 · Reply