DRESS black puff sleeved dress (wearing XS, also available in plus sizes)
A couple of months ago, I did a little Target try-on haul of a few fun and affordable spring dresses. In it? A roomy little black dress with a few on-trend elements… blousy fit, puffy sleeves, etc.
I thought it was cute! But little did I know it would become the most-worn piece in my closet over these past few weeks by a long shot. So today, I thought I’d give a little shoutout to my current wardrobe MVP, this dress!
why i love it
- So comfortable. Take a look at the silhouette and you’ll see why. Roomy for days (no buttons or zippers for me, thankyaverymuch) and 100% cotton. I’ll throw it on at the start of the day and when Flynn’s evening walk rolls around, it’s still so comfortable that I won’t even change out of it.
- On-Trend. The chic, trendy cut makes me feel stylish with zero effort and zero fuss. A little puffed sleeve action goes a long way in giving this easy, simple dress the perfect current touch! Wanting to switch up the look? You can also wear the sleeves off the shoulder.
- Machine washable. Because who has time for anything else?
- Versatile. When I initially tried it on, my first thought was to pair it with wedges for a more festive look. These past few weeks, though, as I’ve been spending more time at home, I’ve been wearing it with everything from sneakers to sandals, fresh blow-outs to messy-buns, headbands to sunhats, the list goes on. It’s a “dress it up, dress it down” piece in every way.
- Pockets. Enough said.
- Black. Y’all know I love colorful ensembles, but the simple black makes it work with everything. This isn’t exactly rocket science, but a fun and chic change from my usual go-to nonetheless.
- Comes in plus sizes. This dress is available from XS to 4X! A word on fit: It is definitely meant to fit on the roomy side, so I wouldn’t necessarily size down. Keep in mind, I am 5’2″ and it is a bit long on me!
So if you could use a dress to make staying at home feel a bit more sophisticated, walking the dog feel a bit more debonair, zoom calls feel a bit more snazzy or grabbing a socially distanced coffee feel a bit more chic, look no further. I’ve loved this dress and plan to wear it all the way into fall. I think you will too!
Love from the Sunshine State,