I may be losing track of every other day of the week, but Fridays will always be something I get excited about. In this somewhat structure-less season we find ourselves in, I seem to be loving this day even more. After all, it’s the mark of another week down, and hopefully, another week closer to the end of all of this!
For whatever reason, this week flew by. After feeling off the entire week before, it was such a blessing to get back into the swing of things. It’s pretty amazing what can happen when you make a mental decision to have a good week!
To close it out on a high note, I thought it was time for another Happy List! This little series has replaced my “Latest & Greatest” roundups lately, and it’s proven to be such a fun exercise in looking for the good and focusing on the positive. So, with that being said, here are a few things making me happy lately!
the happy list
- Healthy pancakes! I have been making these non-stop, including for lunch today. Recipe: Throw one banana, two eggs, and a 1/2 cup of oatmeal into a blender and blend on high for about 20-25 seconds. Cook on a non-stick pan on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side. Top with your favorite things and enjoy it! Makes a perfect serving for one person.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream lover? A new flavor has just been announced!
- If you could use an extra bit of encouragement, this song has been on repeat this week and is powerful. (Here’s the YouTube link if you don’t have Spotify!)
- Andrew ordered a Bocce Ball set for us, and we had the best time listening to music and playing it in our front lawn last weekend! Highly recommend if you’re looking for a new social-distancing activity.
- Have you seen this “Girls in Quarantine” video? Stop what you’re doing and watch it now.
- Je m’appelle Kate, and I’ve started taking free French lessons on the Duolingo app and it’s so fun.
- Flynn has officially conquered his fear of the stairs and now will climb both up and down on his own! We’ve been working on this for about a month and feel so proud. :)
- I’ve found the perfect pair of shorts for this spring and summer! The have a fabulous, naturally loose fit (so don’t size up) and come in a wide array of gorgeous colors. Plus, they’re currently on sale!
- New needlepoint project alert! This Topo Chico canvas got delivered the other day and I’m obsessed.
- One of my favorite ladies, who I have been following for years, recently announced she’s going to blog full-time! Amy from AmyBelievesInPink is the embodiment of sunshine, and I am so excited for her new journey! She wrote a wonderful post about leaving Lilly Pulitzer (my dream job before blogging!) for this new season here!
- The robe of my dreams! Weezie just released this short sleeve style and it’s to die for.
- Neiman Marcus shared the cutest video tutorial for their iconic chocolate chip cookies.
- I’ve been listening to this playlist all week and have loved hearing that you’re enjoying it!
- Have you heard of Addison Bay? The cutest workout line, and their new arrivals are adorable!
- New 3:30 coffee break go-to? This latte!
- This weekend, I’m planning on making one of my childhood favorite desserts, “Strawberry Delight.” My grandmother used to make it when we’d go to the lake house, and I haven’t had it in years. Excited to recreate it! (I’m using rolled oats instead of walnuts and using 1.5x the amount of flour, brown sugar, butter and oatmeal.)
- Three words: high waisted sweatshorts.
What’s been on your happy list lately? I’d love to know!
Signing off for this week and so excited for our favorite Thai takeout, a game or two of Ticket to Ride and a movie!
Love from the Sunshine State,