Hello, y’all! I’m sitting here at my computer doing a bit of an exhale. Wow. The past few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind and for some reason, it’s felt like forever since I’ve been on here. In actuality, I posted a wedding guest dress roundup and cute activewear set just last week, but not being as consistent here on the blog as of late has left me feeling so out of wack.
I briefly mentioned this in my Instagram Stories recently: I feel as if life has suddenly sprung back to full steam ahead mode, and I just don’t think I was prepared for the transition! The world slowed down for most of us last year (big hugs and thanks to the healthcare and essential workers who did anything but slow down) and as much as I lamented life looking differently, I think I got accustomed to the more relaxed pace. Let’s just say that I’m having to re-learn how to be busy again, and it’s a bit more difficult than anticipated.
I want to share that I heard from so many of you that you are feeling the same way, so if you’re currently overwhelmed at everything on your plate or beating yourself up for not “bouncing back” to the pre-pandemic pace, I just want to let you know you’re not alone. Baby steps, we’ll get there! But I have to say, as much as I’m looking forward to “getting back to it” and feeling on top of things again, I hope I hold on to the lessons learned over this past year. I hope I fight the urge to always be go-go-go and lean into more constant and consistent rest. Way easier said than done, I know… can someone hold me to that, please? :)
I’ve spent the past three weekends in a row in Texas (cousin’s wedding, Mother’s Day and then my best friend’s bachelorette party in Austin) and after a year of limited travel, I forgot how exhausting the process can be! I want to apologize for not having as many blog posts up recently, and hope to turn that around soon.
For today, I thought it would be fun to share a new Happy List with you all! So I hope you enjoy this little list of all things happy, and add your own in the comments below!
the happy list
- Giveaway alert! Lilly Pulitzer and Tula have teamed up for a fun summer treat. Click here for info on how to enter to win over $500 in prizes from both brands!
- Andrew and I are headed to Mexico in just under two weeks! We booked a trip to to the Grand Velas Riviera Maya for our one-year anniversary that of course had to get pushed back, and now we are extra excited to get away and celebrate!
- I shared some gorgeous earrings my friend Liza has released on my Instagram Stories yesterday. Use my code LONESTAR for 15% off!
- My current favorite follows: all things interiors! @CaseyLeighWiegand is in the process of updating a beautiful older home in Dallas, @CellaJaneBlog is moving into a stunning French Modern new-build and @CoatsHome is re-doing a 100-year-oldhome for Caitlin Wilson. I love watching each process!
- Am I the only one who didn’t know about this amazing Christian country album? It’s been on repeat. Thank You Lord is my favorite!
- My new go-to Starbucks order: grande iced almond milk latte with two pumps of caramel and vanilla sweet cream cold foam! If you’re really wanting to treat yourself, add some caramel drizzle. Yum!
- While I was home in Dallas this past week, I got to help my sister plan for her new apartment! We decided on this adorable bolster pillow. It came in so fast and is the perfect touch!
- Calling all golf lovers! Lilly Pulitzer just dropped new golf styles and Carolyn approves.
- Bougainvillea update! It’s been growing like crazy, and I am so proud! In fact, I just had to order a trellis for it (this one) and can’t wait to get it set up!
- I will forever be loyal to my go-to lip color, Merry Rose. BUT, I just ordered a new shade in the same formula, Light Mauve, and it is amazing. The perfect subtle, everyday pink!
- If you’re in Dallas and can’t get a Restoration Hardware reservation, did you know that you can still order a glass of wine and walk around the store? I did this on Sunday with my family and it was so fun!
- Y’all know I LIVE for new J.Crew arrivals! A collection just launched yesterday and it’s giving me all of the beachy inspiration. I need this shirt in every color!
- A couple of weeks ago I shared my favorite trick for preventing wine headaches. These wands! My mom has been using them for years, and I am addicted now.
- My favorite spring candle is BACK at Trader Joe’s! Next time you’re there, look for the Peony Blossom candle (just $3.99) and stock up.
- Every Monday I look forward to @cocoagospels “made ya laugh Monday” series on her IG stories. Trust me and check out her MYLM highlights in her IG Stories tab for her past roundups!
- If you love Mi Golondrina as much as I do, check out these adorable cosmetic cases! I have one in pink and it is absolutely lovely.
- Had to add the shirt Andrew was wearing yesterday! I shared a snap on IG stories and am getting so many questions about it. :) Cute idea for father’s day!
There you have it, friends! A few things that are putting a smile on my face. Let me know what’s doing the same for you!
Love from the Sunshine State,