Two weeks ago, I published a list of things that made me happy instead of my usual roundup of cute new arrivals. Honestly, it was pretty therapeutic to put together, and from the feedback I received, you enjoyed it too!
To carry on that tradition, and celebrate the joy of a new week even though this Monday may look a little different than most, I’m excited to bring you another little happy list. I hope these put a smile on your face today!
the happy list
- Peloton now offers dance cardio classes in their app! One of my best friends and I Facetimed while taking the Ally Love + Hannah Marie Corbin 20 minute class and had the best time.
- Betsy Cribb, a fave Southern Living editor of mine, is back with a second hilarious edition of “Corona Style.”
- I’ve had a few questions asking for a bible study recommendation. There are so many great ones out there! This week, Andrew and I are going through the seven day “Psalms of Rest” study from She Reads Truth. We really enjoyed the first devotional. So well timed!
- Neiman Marcus, Gap, Joann, Ralph Lauren, Eddie Bauer, Hanes, H&M along with smaller businesses (like NARDOS, one of my favorite designers in Dallas) and individuals are now manufacturing scrubs, gowns and masks in an effort to help in the fight against COVID-19. One of my favorite bloggers, Carly, has been pitching in as well! So inspiring.
- Painted my nails in this shade earlier this week and it’s making me so happy!
- Have you made a social distancing bucket list? Sharing mine here!
- My friend Elisabeth just posted this whipped coffee recipe and oh my word… it looks divine! Planning on making it this weekend.
- Lilly Pulitzer is continuing to pay its employees during this time. Last week, the offered an unprecedented 30% off select items online! (This is the first time in my entire life I’ve seen Lilly go on sale apart from the semi-annual After Party Sale.) Today, you’ll receive a printed tumbler for every $150 spent. Can’t wait to see all the fun this brand has in store!
- Andrew and I have two fun two-person+ games to recommend that we’ve been loving lately. Add Monopoly Deal and Ticket To Ride to your collection if you don’t have them already! (Psst, Target is offering buy 2 get 1 free on select board games!)
- If you missed it, H&M came out with the most chic sustainable collection yesterday. I ordered this under $100 dress!
- Have you heard about the birthday party parade trend? Since parties have had to be canceled, friends are celebrating birthdays in a socially-responsible way by getting together for a parade that goes right by the birthday girl/boy’s house. Honking, waving, the whole nine yards. It’s all over Instagram right now and it’s so cute!
- Social distancing has brought about a new alter ego of mine. Meet Carolyn. She’s a trip. Here are the links to her hat (currently on sale!), sunglasses, sandals, dress and belt (similar linked).
Another thing that’s putting a big, big grin on my face? The fact that Andrew will be home with me this week! His residency program has decided to move residents to a “one week on, one week off” schedule in order to minimize exposure to COVID-19 and keep residents healthy in the event they need to fill in for sick physicians should the current situation escalate.
Residency is no joke, and Andrew having a full week off is incredibly rare. So in the midst of all of the unknowns, I am thanking the Lord for this huge blessing, and I plan to soak up every second.
While I’ll still be doing a bit of blog work here and there this week, my main focus is going to be treating this week like a vacation and spending quality time with the hubs. We already have a few golf cart outings, Peloton battles (we try to beat each other’s output for a given ride), Ticket to Ride tournaments, movie marathons, and fun homemade dinners planned.
Whatever this week looks like for you, I’m praying you’re at peace and feeling healthy. You’re not alone, don’t forget that!
Love from the Sunshine State,