how to make straight lines on instagram story

how to make straight lines on instagram story

After many, many requests for a tutorial on how to make straight lines on instagram story (follow me @lonestarsouthern), I am so excited to share this little hack with you today! It’s just about the easiest thing in the world, and a total game changer.

To make straight lines on instagram story, simply type a string of underscores (___) together, and stretch out to your desired length and thickness! Then it’s time for the fun part. Change the color of the lines, layer them on top of one another, add text on top of them, etc! This is such a fun and easy way to step up your Instagram game, and one I use all of the time!

I’ll be back with more Instagram story hacks soon, including a post on what I do to get pretty handwriting on mine! If you have any specific requests, leave them below.

While you’re here, don’t forget to check out my roundup of the cutest new arrivals to hit the web recently, and the cutest fall outerwear you need to add to your closet stat!

Heads up, I have a post I’m thrilled to share with you that’s going live tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to see y’all back around here then!

Love from Texas,

Kate

Join in on the fun!

8 Comments

1. Ashley Corcoran said:

I would love to know how you managed to create the perfect Instagram stories while in Iceland. They were perfectly curated!

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  2. Jenn said:

You have perfect IG stories! Thank you for sharing your tips with us!

XOXO,
    Jenn @ http://www.shawave.com

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  3. Bridgette said:

THANK YOU FOR THIS! It is great!!!
    -bridgette

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  4. Katie said:

Love this tutorial! As easy it is, I could never figure it out on my own so now I’m super excited to add it to my Instagram stories!

xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  5. Kritsida said:

That’s so easy, and literally super cool! Thanks for sharing!
    x. kritsida

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  6. Emily said:

Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been googling trying to figure out ways to update my Story game and this is a real easy fix! Until I come across more – I will continue to be the queen of the screenshot and layer =)

Emily // Third & Girl

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  7. Kate said:

Dying to know how you get beautiful handwriting on your stories! Definitely took this hack when you posted about it a while back and all my friends ask me how to do it, too!

Published 9.13.17 · Reply
  8. Rosy said:

Hi Katie, love this tip! Will definitely give it a try! By the way, I’ve been dying to know where you got your iPhone case from. Is it leather? Pls let me know xo

Published 9.14.17 · Reply