The confetti has been thrown, the sequined dresses put back on hangers, and here we are… the first Monday of 2017! I can’t wait to share my thoughts/feelings/ramblings on the year with you soon (much like this post from last this time last year) but today, I wanted to start off with something a little more light-hearted while I collect all of those thoughts. How does a roundup of my favorite 10 looks from 2016, followed up by a run through of my favorite 10 moments from 2016 sound?
I had so much fun flipping back through all of my content from this past year. So many fun looks jumped out at me that I had completely forgotten about! I’ll admit, it was hard to narrow the lot down, but I am truly smitten with the 10 below. If choosing 10 was difficult, don’t even get me started on ranking… needless to say, that didn’t happen. But that’s where you come in! These looks are placed in a random order below, so I’d love for you to be the judge. Let me know which look is your favorite of 2016! And don’t forget to scroll down to the end of the post for my 10 favorite moments from 2016!
*Simply click on an image to get to the original post.
10 favorite looks
10 favorite moments
- Making a return trip to Paris after the attacks.
- Working out with Carrie Underwood and meeting Reese Witherspoon.
- Getting back in the saddle for weekly horseback riding lessons.
- The cowboy driving 7 hours to Dallas to surprise me on my birthday.
- Meeting so many of you at my Lilly Pulitzer meet & greet!
- Moving into and decorating my first apartment. (I can’t wait to share the full tour with y’all soon!)
- Heading to Seaside, Florida with the family for our annual summer vacation. (And bringing Serena along.)
- Getting to break in the new Soulcycle Uptown Dallas studio with a ride for all of my friends!
- Planning a spur-of-the-moment trip to NYC with my mama to see Christmastime in the city. (More details coming on that soon!)
- Judging at Texas A&M’s Song Fest.
It’s crazy how making myself think through ten favorite moments made me realize how wonderful 2016 really was! It can be so easy to subconsciously focus on the negatives, when in reality there is always much to be grateful for. So that’s my encouragement to you on this brand new Monday… make a list of your favorite 10 moments from 2016, and try not to smile!
I am endlessly thankful to have had the privilege of walking through yet another year with y’all here on LonestarSouthern.com, and can’t wait for all the fun that lies ahead for us in 2017. Happiness!
Love from Texas,