If I could write a letter today, it would look a little like this: “Dear Texas, thank you for summer. Now that I’ve had my fill of it’s sweaty goodness, I’d like to politely request that we speed things up and move on to fall. These 80-100° days just aren’t cutting it for me anymore.” It seems like fall is pretty much everywhere… except the forecast. So, in this cruel interim, I’ve thrown together some basics on dressing for fall in eighty degrees. Click on the images to shop, and read below for commentary! I’ve made all pink text clickable for your convenience.
1. G L A M S U N N I E S | When you can’t make a statement with a gorgeous scarf and cashmere coat, channel the same vibe with a pair of drop-dead-gorgeous sunnies. I also love these at a cheaper price point!
2. R E D N A I L S | If you can’t be clutching a warm Starbucks PSL on your errand run, make sure your fingers are still feeling fall in a classic deep red. I also love a hunter green nail when temperatures turn!
3. G O L D A C C E N T S | This double initial necklace makes an elegant statement on it’s own, and adds an equestrian touch to any outfit (even sans riding boots). The kicker? It’s only $38.00! I’m obsessed with mine, which you may have already seen here!
4. S M O K I N G S L I P P E R S | Gladiator sandals are to summer as smoking slippers are to fall. They add instant refinement to any outfit, and can be worn in warmer temperatures with a pair of pencil jeans and a light blouse. And don’t miss the huge sale these are on right now – 25% off with the code PICKASALE
5. L E O P A R D P R I N T S | The fabulous thing about leopard is that it comes in everything! This leopard skirt would be darling with a simple white tee and red cross body, and I love the idea of adding fun to functional with this perfect phone case.
6. D A R K W A S H C U T O F F S | When the idea of jeans is too much to bare, try a pair of dark wash cutoffs! This pair from J.Crew is modest, flattering and fashionable – the perfect transition piece! It seems like I never take mine off.
7. T A S S E L N E C K L A C E S | Ditch the oppressive scarf for a tassel necklace – one of my favorite trends this season! It adds instant edge to any outfit, and automatically makes you look put in more effort than was actually the case. AKA, the best.
8. F L O W Y T O P S | Flowy, flattering tops are my secret weapon during these awkwardly-weathered weeks. Anthropologie has the best selection, and I always manage to find a few gems on sale at Gap. I get SO much wear out of mine! (Speaking of, everything is currently 30% off at Gap with the code HAPPY)
9. B O O T I E S | Before riding boots are out in full force, take advantage of the comfort and ease of a good pair of booties! This Nordstrom pair is currently a fave, but have you seen these scalloped beauties by Jack Rogers? Brb, drooling.
Regardless of what your thermometer reads, I hope this gives you some fun inspiration for the months ahead! :)
Love from Texas,