Drumroll please. Today… yes, today… I am headed to Italy! For spring break, my family and I are embarking on a week-and-a-half-long adventure sure to be filled with gelato, pizza, pasta, and then more gelato, more pizza, and more pasta. And plenty of touristy photos, too, if we’re being honest.
1. Nivea Chapstick – If I’ve learned one thing over 20 years of living, it’s that there is no pain quite as excruciating as that of a chapped lip. I never go anywhere without this little blue tube of instant relief, and I wasn’t about to start today.
2. Leopard Kicks – After seeing this pair on Julia from Gal Meets Glam, I decided that no matter what, I was going to make them work. I’ve spent the past two weeks wearing them 24/7 to break them in (resulting in some really strange outfits) and have finally succeeded! Watch out, Italy.
3. Light Sweaters – One thing my mother made very clear was the importance of light layers for this trip. Temperatures will be in the 50’s, so the warmth, lightness, and multiple color options of this JCrew sweater made it an easy choice for chic and hassle-free outfits.
4. Lilly Pulitzer Travel Pants – When comfort and durability are necessary, and sweatpants aren’t allowed (thanks, mom), these pants are the perfect choice.
5. Reading Material – I’ve been meaning to get around to reading Love Does for a while now, and am so excited to finally have the forced time to be still and soak it all in.
6. Ipad & Cover – At the risk of sounding totally cliche, it doesn’t get more convenient in the entertainment department than the iPad. And if you have my knack for randomly dropping things, a sleek sleeve is a wise investment.
7. Rollerball Perfume – Something I love? Tory Burch’s fragrance. Something I don’t love? Having to pack peskily-structured perfume bottles. That’s why I always prefer the rollerball version when it’s offered – slim enough to slip into any pocket or crevice while still delivering the best smell on earth. Plus the price tag is WAY lower!
8. Riding Boots – Even though I’ll have to wear them on the plane, the comfort and support a good pair of riding boots provide make it a great traveling shoe. We’re spending a few days in London, and I know these will get a ton of wear there.
9. Kendra Scott Necklace – It can be difficult to style up outfits that are so centered around functionality and comfort. That’s why this necklace is perfect for traveling – it takes up no space, is light and not cumbersome, and the black stone and gold detailing go with every outfit I have packed.
10. Face Wipes – After airports, cabs, and long days of trekking through the great outdoors, these are a necessity for easy and complete facial cleansing. They leave me feeling squeaky clean.
11. Cozy Scarf – I’m a baby when it comes to cold weather, so I decided on a super soft scarf as a defense against the chill. I chose a neutral grey to compliment every sweater color in my suitcase.
So there ya have it! If you thought my explanations were long, think about how long it took me to decide on these items. Whew! I’m thrilled, truly, that everything is now in a suitcase, and I have the whole trip ahead of me! I won’t be on the blog this week, but will be posting updates on Instagram. So follow along at @lonestarsouthern to see all the fun (and food).
Whether you’re headed on an exciting vacation of your own, or have another routine week ahead, I’m wishing you safety, adventure, and as always, lots of love from Texas!